Home security should be a top priority for everyone. People often make mistakes that can compromise the security. Experts at Central Coast Locksmiths have shortlisted the top tips that will help you keep yourself, your family members and your belongings safe.
- Locking your doors and windows is the foremost step to ensure safety. This may seem like common sense but surprisingly many people leave their doors and windows open while they are at home. It is essential to keep everything locked when at home or going outside.
- The landscape of your house matters. Big trees or bushes can create a hiding spot for the burglar to have a shelter and keep an eye on you.
- Keeping a dog can be a way to scare people and cause terror. The barking of a dog would be a sign for un-welcomed company that would trigger the owner’s attention.
- Keep your valuables out of sight so that you do not tempt burglars. Valuables such as expensive decor items, jewellery or a luxury car should not be kept/parked near a window or door. This would prevent the items not to be easily visible from across the street.
- Social media is a blessing but can also create problems, if used in the wrong manner. Updating your status of being out of home can put the home’s security at risk. Social media sites can be a great way to chat with friends and family but publicising your visits out of home or long vacations out of town can be dangerous at times.
- Adding lights outside the house is essential. It is otherwise extremely easy for intruders to enter the house without being seen.
- It is a common mistake to keep your spare key under the door mat or pots. No matter how tricky you think you are being in choosing a spot, it is usually very easy for the burglar to find it. It is highly advisable not to do that and instead use mechanised locks. Contact Central Coast for ideal lock solutions for your home.
- Fake the idea of someone being at home even if you are not. Do not turn-off all the lights while going out. This would make the intruder be conscious of their actions and may prevent you from theft.
- It is a good idea to get the locks changed when you move into a new rented house or apartment. You would not be aware of how many keys have been made by how many people in the past. Getting new ones made would save you from the worry of others having duplicate keys of your home.
Central Coast Locksmith is a pioneer in the industry in providing residential security services. Contact at 0412 437 327 today to get your home protected with the latest technology.